Picture 122.

A Knights of Pythias convention was held in New Orleans in 1906.  We see some of the knights in uniform at the left, under the sign for Moses & Son.  The view looks out, toward the lake.  The next cross street, where we see a streetcar crossing Canal Street, is Carondelet/Bourbon, and the streetcar is on the Clio or Carondelet line.  On our right on the outer riverbound track, car 51 is signed both on its dash and in its clerestory window for the Broad line of the old Orleans RR.  In 1902, the Orleans RR had ordered twelve cars of the FB&D design, numbered 50-61, from the St. Louis Car Co.  These were unusual among FB&D cars in having arched rather than rectangular windows.  They were equipped with couplers for pulling trailers, as can be seen in this picture.  The side of the car is lettered N. O. RYS. CO.  After passing the next cross street, St. Charles Street, the car will switch to its center track terminus.  Note the patriotic bunting on many buildings, presumably for the Pythian convention. Wright Photo

Previous Picture | Next Picture