Picture 151.5.

A St. Charles Street RR car, number 65 (or maybe 66), rolls up Royal Street toward Canal.  The picture comes from a Southern Pacific RR travel brochure for the 1912-13 season, so it was probably taken around 1910 to 1912.  St. Charles Street RR cars 51-80 were Ford Bacon & Davis (FB&D) cars, built by the St. Louis Car Co. in 1901.  They carried their original numbers even after consolidation of the streetcar companies, until renumbered in the 300s in 1918.  The second picture below is a closeup of the central part of the upper picture. Southern Pacific RR

Royal03a.jpg

Previous Picture | Next Picture