Picture 184.

Single truck car 240 operates toward the river on the inner Canal Street track.  Cars 240-259 were built by Jackson & Sharp in 1899.  Another single truck car on the Clio or Carondelet line is crossing Canal from Carondelet Street to Bourbon Street on its way downtown.  Note the White Bros. jewelry store on the uptown side of Canal (the left of the picture), behind the sidewalk clock.  The umbrellas carried by some pedestrians are for protection from the sun, not from rain.  Copies of this card are known bearing messages dated 1913 and 1914.

Previous Picture | Next Picture