Pictures 294 and 295.

Cemeteries terminal of the Canal line in the 1950s and 1960s, at the outer end of Canal Street.  Beginning August 20, 1951, the Canal line was cut back to this point, and the tracks in City Park Ave. and Julia St were removed.  The upper picture features cars 930 and 932 in August 1963 on the two stub ends of the double track scissors crossover.  Both have changed ends and are prepared for their next runs inbound to the Liberty Monument loop.  The lower picture, from 1959, features car 935, also ready for departure.  Note how narrow the neutral ground is at this point.  Passengers board from the center concrete sidewalk; there is no room for sidewalks between the cars and the automobile traffic lanes. Railway Negative Exchange (both)

Previous Picture | Next Picture