By October 20, 1957, the rebuilding has progressed to the point that the old outer tracks have been removed, except for the one block for the St. Charles cars, seen here. The streetlights have been moved from being next to the curb to the position seen here, next to the inner tracks. The curve in the foreground is the one for St. Charles cars to turn into St. Charles Street. A sharp eye can make out the new crossover between the inner and outer tracks about a half block away. It appears that construction of the new, wider inside traffic lane has begun.
Previous Picture | Next Picture