Picture 435.

The new car barn, known officially as the Service, Inspection, and Storage facility (SIS), August 7, 2003.  In a delightful bit of irony, this car barn began life circa 1924 as a bus garage.  Tracks are being laid to pass through the width of the building.  North Gayoso Street is in the foreground of the picture.  Car 2013, one of the new Canal cars, was trucked to this trackage for testing, since the car barn tracks had not yet been connected to Canal Street. Photo by the author

Previous Picture | Next Picture